Kendra Tanner: The fine line between encouragement and saving.
Kendra helps women awaken their mind, body and soul so they can fully express their truest self.
In this Real, Raw, and Related conversation, we tackle the question, ‘How do be an encouraging/understanding presence when you see someone close to you sabotaging themselves/a relationship?’
- Admit you don’t have all the answers.
- Put yourself in their shoes. Approach them with love and empathy.
- Build a relationship so you can understand what is really going on with them.
- Counteract their deepest ‘pain points’ without calling it a ‘problem.’
- Ask them, How are you doing? For real?
- Leave expectation out, and be willing to let go of the relationship if that’s what it takes.
- Be a coach, not a rescuer. Hold space for them.
- Intervene by introducing other people into their lives that can show them their not the only one.
- Understand what approach works best. Acknowledge them, ask questions, then speak your truth with love.